The Dickerson station is based on a standardized plan the B&O established for many of their rural town and stop points around Baltimore and Washington DC. This station was built in 1891 for the Metropolitan line between Brunswick MD and Washington DC. Francis Baldwin who designed the stations, injected his own distinctive characteristics into each one. Dickerson has a “V” shaped bay window on the track side where most other stations employed a box bay window. The station was partially burned and later restored. The Dickerson station is still in operation today as a commuter stop for Washington DC bound workers.
Model #: 2002
Difficulty Level: Intermediate – Painting, moderate complex roof assembly, simple stair structures
Dimensions: approx. 2 ¾” x 5”