The St. Denis Station is based on the standardized B&O plan that was established for many of the rural towns and stop points around Baltimore and Washington DC. This station was built in 1891 for the Capital Subdivision between Baltimore and Washington. Designed by Francis Baldwin, who incorporated his own characteristic traits, this station has a box shaped bay window and horizontal siding without corner trim boards. This model represents the modifications made when the railroad rehabilitated the station during the 1950′-60′s. The station burned down in 1976 and was removed. Today the station that stands is a small steel and wood frame shelter with a short platform, and is used as a commuter stop for Washington DC bound workers.
Model #: 2004
Difficulty level: Intermediate – Painting, moderate complex roof assembly, simple stair structures
Dimensions: approx. 2 ¾” x 5”